Sponsors, Mentors and Networking – What, Why, How
This workshop is one of the WinSETT Centre Leadership Program. It describes the importance of networks, their context, how to develop and strengthen your networking skills, elegant positioning for advancement, and how to leverage your network in support of your career goals. The workshop will also describe the different kinds of mentors and sponsors and how to mutually benefit from those relationships. At the end of the day, participants will:
- Identify gender factors in networks, mentors and sponsors for women in SETT
- Illustrate commonalities and differences between sponsors in mentors including the importance of each to leadership
- Assess individual networking, mentoring and sponsorship competencies
- Appraise personal ability to recruit suitable mentors and sponsors
- Implement effective mentor and sponsor relationships
- Measure professional presence
- Demonstrate effective personal networking skills in common situations
- Recognize the importance of peer network and feedback
Join us for this highly interactive professionally facilitated workshops sponsored by the CWSE and offered by the WinSETT Centre.
Facilitator: Donna Clark
Testimonials from participants in the most recent NMS workshop:
– Workshop was great! I enjoyed it very much
– Enjoyed the Workshop Immensely
– It was a great workshop; I got to learn lots of new techniques to network and find sponsors
– I found everything useful, but particularly appreciated the role-playing exercises
– Great Information
Date: Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cost: 40$ (Including lunch and nutrition breaks)
Location: room SITE 5084, University of Ottawa.
Registration: To participate in the pre-conference workshop, please register here.
Only 30 spots are available!